Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Spiral and Review


Students are most motivated to learn in September, at which time I recommend a technique known as front-loading. With this technique, a new topic is introduced that students have never seen before, such as Integers. However, as the holiday season approaches, students tend to get distracted and attendance might dip. This is a great time to review and spiral. Accordingly, I have included some resources below. You can differentiate the review by activity.



  1. To review all the basics, try my in-depth lessons on Fractions, Decimals and Percentages. You will also find other topics here.
  2. For students that just need a little extra practice, try my worksheets, games and puzzles.
  3. For those who need a challenge, try my WebQuests.

For more teaching tips and ideas, see this page.