Thursday, January 31, 2008

Decimals

I have created 23 new lessons on decimals, divided into two units. The first Unit on Decimals consists of 12 lessons on the following topics:

* Reading and writing decimals
* Comparing and ordering decimals
* Estimating decimal sums
* Adding decimals
* Estimating decimal differences
* Subtracting decimals
* Solving decimal word problems

The second Unit on More on Decimals consists of 13 lessons on the following topics:

* Estimating decimal products and quotients
* Multiplying decimals by whole numbers
* Multiplying decimals by decimals
* Dividing decimals by whole numbers
* Rounding decimal quotients
* Dividing decimals by decimals
* Solving decimal word problems

Visitors always like to view sample lessons. So I have published two of my favorites in my lessons section:

  1. Solving Decimal Word Problems
  2. Multiplying Decimals and Whole Numbers

My favorite part is the text rollovers at the top of the page in the second lesson.